What You Need to Know About Selling Your StairliftPosted by: The Stairlift Company · on 30th August 2017
Whilst stairlifts are incredibly helpful to people with mobility issues, once they’re no longer needed, people will find themselves left with a large piece of unused equipment on their hands. Luckily, if you want to get rid of an old stairlift but simply don’t know what options are available to you, this handy guide will help you in selling your stairlift.
Before You Begin
The truth is that The Stairlift Company, like many stairlift suppliers and manufacturers, are not always able to buy back your used stairlift – so be prepared to explore other avenues.
Second hand stairlifts aren’t high in value, so don’t expect to receive a handsome price from your sale. This is especially true if the stairlift is very worn or frayed. However, selling a stairlift is still a chance to recoup at least some of initial expense.
You may need to have your stairlift dismantled and collected yourself, but there is the possibility to have this done on your behalf – this will depend entirely on who you sell to and the agreement made.
Your Options For Selling Your Stairlift
- Google Search: A simple Google search will bring up a list of companies who are buyers of used stairlifts. Contact a couple for some quotes before making your decision.
- Advertise Locally or Online: If you’re not in a hurry to shift your stairlift, try advertising in the local paper or on an internet site such as eBay or Gumtree. This way, you can set your own terms of sale and have more bargaining power.
- Stairlift Removals: Another option is to pay a stairlift removals company to dismantle the machine and dispose of it themselves. Trustworthy firms should perform this disposal in an environmentally-friendly way by taking it to the local recycling centre, so check their reviews before you hire out anyone’s services.
- Go It Alone: If you, or somebody you know, have a technical mind and access to a vehicle large enough, disposing of a stairlift yourself isn’t outside the realm of possibility. Take it apart and bring it to your local recycling centre.
- Give It Away: Not interested in money? In this case, consider giving the stairlift as a gift to somebody who will benefit from it is, thus simultaneously performing an act of generosity and relieving you of your burden. Either scout out somebody you know, or use Freecycle – a site dedicated to arranging the giving and receiving of items between local people, in order to save them from landfill.
Whilst The Stairlift Company may not be able to buy back your used stairlift, we hope that this guide will be useful when it comes time to make a sale.
Looking for a new stairlift? Choose from a range of top brands available from The Stairlift Company. As Which? Trusted traders, you are guaranteed reliable products and a stellar service provided by our nationwide team of engineers. Get in touch today to arrange your free home survey and quotation.View all posts »